To simplify means to say “no” more to what weakens us and “yes” more to what adds to our quality of life. For those of us who aren’t natural at “no” – hello? people pleasers? – we may need reminders. Especially when we’re feeling frustrated and overwhelmed.
Here’s my list of the top 10 ways I use to simplify how I spend my time. Give yourself permission to check off a few (or all) of these on a daily basis. Life is complicated, we must never forget that we have the power to make it more simple.
Top 10 Ways to Simplify Your Schedule
- Say NO more to old obligations. Reassess.
- Say NO more to people who drain you and offer nothing in return. Protect.
- Say NO more to “friends” who spend too much time in negative talk. Restrain.
- Say NO more to dumping time down the social media rabbit hole. Unplug.
- Say NO more to your insecure, scared inner critic. Reassure.
- Say YES more to letting someone help you. Receive.
- Say YES more to challenges that excite you. Inspire.
- Say YES more to friends who get you out and laughing. Recharge.
- Say YES more to time outdoors. Restore.
- Say YES more to that inner voice who knows the extent of your own magic and power. Respect.
“Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” – Isaac Newton
What does your simplify list look like? What else do you need to say NO and YES more to? Would love to hear. Please comment below.